Hi my 10 years old son is complaining since few days from his both achilles heel and is not able to walk properly and its still not passing since few days?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Christine Hom answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Achilles' tendon: Pain at the heel where the Achilles' tendon attaches is called enthesitis and should be evaluated. Has your child taken any antibiotics lately? Taking an antiinflammatory such as ibuprofen may help, but if there is trouble walking, please see your doctor. S/he may ask questions such as if there is colitis in the family, psoriasis, or back problems.

Answered 9/14/2020

44 views

Dr. David Kahan answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Sever’s disease: I have to assume your sons pain is mostly when he’s active or after activities like running. The most likely scenario here is Severs disease which is an inflammation of the growth plate at the back of the heel. Icing, ibuprofen, and good supportive tennis shoes are definitely needed as well as a consultation with your physician or podiatrist to make the proper diagnosis.

Answered 9/15/2020

44 views