Bronx, NY

can sulcrafare (carafate) cause green stool? i was prescribed this medication for gastritis, and my stool color has been green. no diarrhea as the stool is hard but it is dark green. i have not been eating things like vegetables to make it such color?

Uncertain: Green stool often occurs when there is rapid transit of feces through the intenstines - however, in that situation the feces is usually softer. You described hard stool. I looked on line and saw a few individuals reporting dark green stool with carafate - however, I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere.