U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 56-year-old male asked:

I cannot stand up or walk?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Severe back pain: If your back pain is so severe that you can no longer stand or walk than you need prompt medical attention.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Medical attention: Immediate medical attention is needed in order to address and prevent further decline. Time matters in case neurological damage involved.
Last updated Mar 24, 2022
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.