U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old female asked:

I'm having abnormal vaginal bleeding it very heavy an im passing hugh blood clots?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Lasnover
Obstetrics and Gynecology 61 years experience
ANOVULATORY BLEEDING: See a respected and knowledeable gynecologist, if bleeding heavily ASAP. An adequate history of bleeding and a thorough pelvic exam will help differentiate between spontaneous abortion (miscarriage), anovulatory bleeding secondary to pre-menopause, uterine fibroids (benign), and other conditions.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Eval: There are a number of possible causes of Menorhagia including things like a buildup of endometrial lining in the uterus, hormone irregularities, blood coagulation problems or even issues related to stress. It is best to have this evaluated by your gynecologist to determine the cause. * Get seen ASAP for hemorrhaging.
Last updated Sep 14, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.