which painkiller works for tmj nerve pain?

2 doctor answers
Dr. LINDILE SOGA
Specializes in
Severity?: TMJ (Tempero-mandibular Joint) pain is not necessarily a nerve pain. Like with any other pain the choice of analgesics depends on the severity of the pain, (mild, moderate or severe). This is usually established during history taking by your doctor who assesses the severity on the basis of the information provided and then decide what’s the best intervention strategy
Answered on Aug 11, 2020
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
51 years experience Dentistry
TMJ pain: TMJ pain is most often caused by chronic grinding and/or clenching your teeth, or a bad bite. In any case, diagnosis and treatment by a TMJ knowledgeable dentist is important. Painkillers will not eliminate the problem, which will continue unless the cause of the pain is eliminated.
Answered on Aug 10, 2020