ZA

Good day all, my 1 year old has a fever that goes up then down then up then down again, and she was shaking it was 39.2 bit went down to 37.8 and is now on 38.4,should i take her to hospital or what can i do?

Shaking ?: For an infant who "shakes" during high fever I consider it a fever triggered seizure untill an educated doc decides otherwise. I think all deserve an urgent exam/evaluation to rule out worrisome problems. For many it will be found to be a minor illness/condition but for a few it is a first stage of a real problem.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
Fever control: Please use Tylenol to control the fever, The spike in temperature elevation is an associated risk for febrile seizures. Note the onset and duration of shaking, and any associated findings such as eye rolling and arching. Have a COVID screening test performed and if negative, Motrin may also be used. Please see your urgent care center today to determine the cause.
Last updated Aug 3, 2020