Millington, MI

How long does it take a bruised knee to heal? i fell hard on my knee on the wood floor. it doesn't look like a typical bruise just darkish. but, it really hurts, to touch, to bend, and when walking. i landed with my full weight on my knee.

Dr. Jenell Wade
See your doctor: There could be another underlying injury if it is not feeling better and it has been several days to a couple of weeks. If you are on blood thinners or aspirin, and it is very swollen then you may have blood in the joint, fracture or ligament injury which may prolong healing time. See your doctor to be evaluated, you may benefit from imaging, physical therapy, or other treatment.

Last updated Aug 2, 2020