ZA

I am in a lot of discomfort and i am looking for a painless solution to this hemorrhoid. the swelling hasnt gone down at all and i am not in a financial position to have a doctor do a procedure. ive iced it and used anusol cream?

Dr. Julie Bolton
Sits bath/fiber: Sitz baths are helpful for inflammation. Wipe with wet TP. It is also crucial to have soft regular BMS - a diet high in fiber with a fiber supplement may help. (Dark green veggies like kale, prunes and beets are especially good) There is some evidence Diosmin, which is a citrus supplement may help with venous inflammation, but does have interactions with other herbs and blood thinners.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Cloud
Colon and Rectal Surgery 42 years experience
Conservative Tx : Thrombosed hemorrhoids consist of pain and swelling. The pain goes away first and then the swelling lags behind. Ice pack for 20 minutes followed by warm temps out for 20 minutes followed by 20 minutes off several times each evening for several evenings will usually have you feeling better. Creams and suppositories do not help. I also use nifedipine/lidocaine cream to the anal margin b.i.d. .
Last updated Aug 1, 2020