how can i sanitise frequently touched surfaces? i have been using dettol antiseptic , 4 tea spoons in 300ml water . it carries absolute alcohol . i spray it on the knobs of my house and all metallic things . is it effective against covid 19 ?

25 years experience Psychiatry
Hand sanitizer?: Are you using hand sanitizer to kill virus on surfaces? From what I have read Dettol antispectic sanitizer is 62 % ethanol alcohol. However it sound like you are markedly diluting the concentration. Have you considered using a product made to clean surfaces that contains 70 percent isopropyl alcohol ? Not all cleaning products kill COVID 19 - I am uncertain if what you are doing is effective.
Answered on Jul 25, 2020