U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Katy, TX
A member asked:

2 years with tension headaches last all day/headaches shift from the left to right side of my head/ shoulders are extremely tense/ pain radiate from back of my skull upwards towards my temples. what could this be ? what therapist/doc is recommended?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 42 years experience
Multiple approaches: I advise seeing several practitioners. An osteopath and/or massage therapist can assess and treat structural imbalances. Physical therapy may help. Stress reduction techniques should help including biofeedback. Consider counseling to reduce anxiety. Try a good multivitamin with methylfolate instead of folic acid, magnesium (ideally magnesium taurate). Eat a healthy diet with organic vegies/fruits.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 7, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.