U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

How do i treat folliculitis on my legs and arms? i'm currently using topical antiseptic cream and after a while, i apply some anti-itch moisturiser to the affected areas. am i treating it correctly? what over-the-counter creams should i use?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. You may try stopping shaving your affected areas as ingrown hair may be making it worse. Try triple antibiotic cream available over the counter. If that does not help in a couple of weeks it would be prudent to see your doctor. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 3, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.