ZA

I have been exposed to a person whose family member has tested positive for covid-19 i need to test to make sure as i have an elderly mother with underlying conditions and a daughter that is special needs and has a low immune system ?

Dr. Zohayr Al shaial
Nephrology and Dialysis 37 years experience
Quarantine : quarantine your self for 14 days since you have high risk people live at your home, including wearing mask if you have to get out of your isolation room, stay at least 6 feet away from those family member, and I advised to do covid-19 test in 3 days or any time you develop symptoms. I would say keep high precaution and avoid come close to your mother and daughter
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Covid testing: If they were living with a Covid positive person/ had extensive contact and I had more than 15 minute contact w/ that person I would test. Since the incubation period is 14 days would test again after 14 days. In the interim,if cant isolate, check temp 2x a day, wear a mask/gloves ( others may consider masks) due to the immunocompromised state , no sharing and try to avoid too much contact

Last updated Jul 2, 2020