Thibodaux, LA

Is it possible to have achilles pain in my heel and ankle at the same time? my ankle hurts when squeezed, but not walking. my heel hurts when walking and being rubbed, but not pressed. treating with celebrex, night splint, stretches, ice, heel lift

Dr. Donald Colantino
Yes: Your heel problem can affect your mechanics of walking leading to sprain of ankle ligaments. Make sure your footwear is appropriate and adds proper support. Are you dealing with plantar fasciitis or tendinitis of the Achilles? Is a podiatrist involved in your care and follow-up? I feel podiatrists give the best care and follow-up for fasciitis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 19, 2020