Chicago, IL

Ive had a swollen lymph node on right side of my neck for months and it hasnt gone down. i got it checked by my doctor a month ago w a chest x ray & blood work and he said it was not lymphoma and it will probably go down but it hasnt. why is that?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
ENT: You may like to see an ENT specialist, and they can biopsy the lymph node. If the node or mass is not growing, mobile and stable, it is not as likely to be a malignancy, but you should follow up with your PCP and ENT for additional evaluation. Watch for night sweats, fever, weight loss and malaise.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 8, 2020