ZA

hi doctor. i thew my bed away, so i decided to sleep on a carpet but with blankets over it in the interim while i wait to purchase a new bed. i used to have bronchitis or asthma growing up. now i have pressure and heaviness on my chest.

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Multiple causes: The pain is most likely Musculoskeletal since there is pain experienced while pressing on the chest wall. Use ibuprofen, localized heat and if these measures do not relieve your pain, please see a physician. At your age, cardiac conditions are less likely as a cause, but still possible. Other causes include early infection. Please rest and follow up, avoiding exertion for a few days.