U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old female asked:

Hello. i am experiencing some unusual discharge. it causes itchiness around me vaginal area. i had a pap smear last year and the nurse said it could be an yeast infection.took some cream but the itchiness is back though the discharge is different. tx?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Recurrent yeast ? : A "yeast infection" (fungal) is a common repeat irritant, and represents a variety of different kinds of fungal diseases. See your gyn physician for an exam and treatment, as there are other kinds of infections which cause your described symptoms.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 15, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.