ZA

I have severe ear ache a sore throat runny nose body ache headache should i go for a covid 19 test?

Some basics: If you have shortness of breath or difficulty with breathing you would be within the group of covid-19 patients most in need of testing & likely to need hospital based care. If not the choice depends on the availability. If easily obtained it may give you peace, but getting in line to test may not be wise. I would contact your doc about the earache.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 52 years experience
No you shouldn't: You may have viral illness other than covid 19 giving you the symptoms you are talking about. Flu virus can give similar symptoms like covid 19 . You probably developped ear infection due to blockage of the eustachian tube in your affected ear. Talk to your doctor . May need flu test before covid 19 test. In the mean time use a face mask and isolate yourself until you are diagnosed.
Last updated Mar 25, 2022