my mother seems to be increasingly frail and more difficult to care for & i think she will need to go into a nursing home - she sleeps in the day and is up all night and does not eat as much as she used to. would do you suggest i do? thank you!

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Discuss : This is the right time to start discussions with her and her main doc, PCP or GP. Eliciting her preferences, being able to talk with her doc and their social worker about options going forward should shed some light. Her symptoms are worrisome for a possible medical condition and getting some input from her doc should help, most offices continue offering telemedicine/ services by phone/coordinate.
Answered on Apr 6, 2020