ZA

as someone that suffered from wolff parkinson white syndrome should i be extra careful with the corona virus affecting my heart? i have had four rf ablations to tread the svts and afib and am currently symptoms free.

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Corona: I am unaware of any data that suggests the virus causes heart problems. The primary cause of death has been respiratory infections which lead to pneumonia and ARDS. Older smokers the most susceptible. Now, in that group other comorbid problems include renal failure and cardiac events. At 34 stick with standard precautions to prevent disease.