U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old male asked:

I found a tick between my toes. i dripped some vodka on the area and removed the tick. should i take any medication or see a doctor to prevent me from falling ill? i am selfemployed.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Probably nothing: If you lived in the continental United States I would be concerned for a deer tick which causes lyme. However, this would be primarily in certain endemic areas either near great lakes or northwestern united states. Site to follow to see if bad tick is the following: https://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Deer-Tick. Ticks can be associated with other infections. In general what you did shoud be enough
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 19, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.