Lake Oswego, OR

My blood pressure reading from the doctor was 100/80. i was told that this is a normal pressure by the doctor. i see in my results from quest, that i have elevated blood pressure, because of the "80". is this something i need to discuss with my doctor

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Mean art. presssure: It was long believed diastolic pressure determined health impact of high bloo presssure, but in fact the determining factor is mean arterial pressure (MAP), between diastolic and systolic. Search online for "MAP calculator"; several websites will pop up. (100/80 comes to MAP 86; normal is 70 to 100.)

Last updated Mar 17, 2020