my blood test always shows i have high chloride in my blood. why is this and how do i lower it?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Hyperchloremia?: What's the exact level? Normal blood chloride in most labs is 96-106 mEq/L. If only slightly elevated and you feel well, and if other electrolyte levels (sodium, bicarbonate) and kidney function tests (creatinine, urea nitrogen) are normal, this is nothing to worry about and probably doesn't need treatment. If any of these are abnormal or you remain concerned, discuss with your doctor.
Answered on Feb 26, 2020