ZA

Hello. i am 26 days post a laparoscopic appendectomy procedure; is it normal to have pain on both sides of the belly? when i press the areas, they feel hard. my belly button area also has pain and feels hard as well. is this just normal swelling?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Not normal: I assume you're not experiencing bowel problems, I consider those signs and symptoms concerning enough to consult the surgeon who performed your procedure and I'm sure that he/she will want to evaluate you. The firmness and discomfort should resolve in a week. Concern would be for postop bleeding causing breakdown products to accumulate. Associated redness would mean infection usually.

Last updated Dec 20, 2020