San Francisco, CA

worried that ive been taking too many magnesium supplements. daily intake 400-800 mg a day. epsom salt baths on top of it. heart rate is in bradycardia range. any correlation? or would i have other symptoms of magnesium overdose first.

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Possible: You can absorb magnesium from the bath and oral Magnesium at 800mg is a maximum amount to take. I think your assessment is correct. Hold off on the magnesium and see what happens.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
Maybe: According to the Office of Dietary Supplements, symptoms of magnesium overdose may include: diarrhea. nausea and vomiting. lethargy. muscle weakness. abnormal electrical conduction in the heart. low blood pressure. urine retention. respiratory distress.