New York, NY

Is is ok for a post menopausal woman to have 2 glasses of red wine occasionally? not nightly! does 2 glass occasional use cause damage to the heart?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
Ok for wine: Your description of occasional 1-2 5oz glasses of wine should be fine, and not cause any damage to the heart. You may have seen reports,of health benefits from a single glass,of,wine due to reservatrol from grape,skins. Enjoy! Regardless, I have noticed some patients interpret that if one glass of good many must be better! That is not the question you asked, or my response.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 24, 2020