ZA

At what age should i stop taking the pill? im 41 years old. my 42 year old husband wants to go for a vasectomy. is this too young? we dont want any more children.

Your choice, no: Many women take the pill into their 50's for things other than birth control. If you want, stop when/if you don't need it. You & hubby can have him snipped when he wishes. If there is no chance you want another kid (even if you lose one) it is not too young.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
After vasectomy!: It is great that your husband wishes to get a vasectomy. Much safer. Stop the pill after the vasectomy has been done, when the doctor who does the vasectomy says it is safe to do so (I believe in trust but verify: make sure there is no sperm present on follow up specimens) before stopping the pill.

Last updated Feb 11, 2020