U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

I have been jogging recently and had no problems whatsoever. i was getting ready to go jogging on friday and the area just below/around/behind my knee cap just started hurting. that area is a little bit puffy and swollen now and it hurts to walk?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Knee overuse issues?: Strengthening the hips, knees, and ankles will often make it easier to play without pain. A good thing to do is see one's doctor, who may refer one to physical therapy if needed. A patient can also get exercises off the internet. One can be sure to have well fitting shoes, proper arch support, and exercise on a flat surface. Anterior knee pains and knee stiffness happen to many athletic people.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.