ZA

I have been jogging recently and had no problems whatsoever. i was getting ready to go jogging on friday and the area just below/around/behind my knee cap just started hurting. that area is a little bit puffy and swollen now and it hurts to walk?

Knee overuse issues?: Strengthening the hips, knees, and ankles will often make it easier to play without pain. A good thing to do is see one's doctor, who may refer one to physical therapy if needed. A patient can also get exercises off the internet. One can be sure to have well fitting shoes, proper arch support, and exercise on a flat surface. Anterior knee pains and knee stiffness happen to many athletic people.

Last updated Jan 26, 2020