A 29-year-old male asked:

Hello. i am struggling with excessive sweating in my underarms, the head and sculp area. my body temp is more on the hotter side. i am overweight. but my bp is normal. i do do exercise, i run. i tend to sweat even at rest. what could be the problem?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 40 years experience
Hyperhydrosis: Excessive sweating occurs in some people and is annoying but benign medically. Treatments can include antiperspirant products such as deodorants or DRYSOL, a,product made for excessive sweating, applied topically to,that area. Occasionally this can be emotionally produced, and methods to decrease stress are he;paul in such prom reduction. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 4, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.