Dix Hills, NY

Woke up this morning w/ painful bump the size of a grape near rectum. went to gyno & he said its a perianal abscess & gave me keflex 500mg 4x/day & told me to take epsom salt bath. pain is severe. should i wait and see or go to er in morning?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Rectal Abscess: If the Epsom salts is not relieving the discomfort and you have a temperature, notify the GYN MD who can determine the need for an E.R. visit or not. If no response from the GYN MD go to the E.R. The antibiotics take awhile to work and drainage of the abscess may need to be done sooner than later.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 29, 2019