ZA

hi there my son is 7 yrs old last night i noticed one of his finger nails is peeling and 2 of his other fingers are starting to do the same thing. there is no discoloration or pain or swelling.

His doctor can check: Fingers or palms can change finger nails or peel skin at the topmost layer if there was recent inflammation (such as a fever or viral infection), some friction (nail or skin trauma), some eczema or allergic skin reaction, some chemical or irritant reaction, etc... Because inflammation usually was in the past, nail and skin changes are a time-limited event. His doctor can examine for a diagnosis.