San Jose, CA

is it possible to be poisoned or develop allergy to potassium iodine after two months? just realized there is 290 mcg in my daily prenatal that i'm taking for the past 2 months. i have hypothyroidism & been feeling a bit sick in my stomach lately.

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Unlikely: With hypothyroidism, you need to recheck your status daily, and if you feel nauseated on a daily basis, get a check up and maybe recheck your thyroid status with your endocrinologist as a safety measure. I doubt it’s the potassium iodide, but being vigilant is a good idea here
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Follow up: Your condition may be related to your pregnancy rather than hypothyroidism.