Hello I just got my blood test results and test results show that my liver enzymes are elevated. my doctor did not tell me how i should go about this ?

32 years experience in Pediatrics
Ask ordering doctor: If a person has test results above reference range, she can visit her doctor again to discuss the meaning of the results. The doctor must have ordered blood tests for a reason. For SGOT and SGPT testing, perhaps the doctor wanted to look at the status of the liver or muscles in the body. If truly high in that particular patient's situation, the doctor will look for reasons why they are high.
Answered on Dec 15, 2019
1