U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I get swimmers ear a lot. in the past 2 years i got it maybe 3 times. i feel a lot of times pain in the ear and it is nothing what do i do? i am tired of getting checked so much for it to be nothing. any drops i can put in ear to ease pain?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Swimmers ear: True swimmer's ear, a bacterial infection of the external ear canal, is treated with a prescription ear drops dissolution containing antibiotics and hydrocortisone. Your pharmacist can recommend a nonprescription ear drop product that contains an anesthetic compound that numbs ear canal pain.
Last updated Dec 12, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.