Windsor, CT

I am having abnormal menstrual. when i finally get it i have my menstrual for almost 3wks an it's very heavy and painful. i am suffering with acne and i tend to get annoyed very quickly. could i possibly have pcos?

Dr. John Berryman
PCOS ?'s: Intervals between bleeding episodes ( not true "periods", as menstruation requires ovulation to occur) with PCOS can be long, followed by heavier bleeding due to continued thickening of the lining of the uterus from constant estrogen production in the ovaries. See your gyn physician for an exam and a pelvic ultrasound to determine the cause, to determine if PCOS is present.

Last updated Jun 27, 2020