for the last couple of years i've been having a mild achy feeling on and around my knee cap i'm a cashier and standing for long periods of time makes it worse, it's more annoying than painful and i don't want to live on painkillers the rest of my lif?

Dr. Richard Zimon
Your problem: may be a cartilage issue on the BACK of your kneecap. Injections might help (Cortisone) and P.T> might also give you relief as you strengthen the Quadriceps muscle which "contains" the knee cap. Remember the back of the kneecap is the FRONT of the knee joint itself. Hope this is helpful! Dr Z
Answered on Oct 13, 2019