U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 66-year-old male asked:

Hi, i have "graves" disease (over active thyroid)and am currently taking neomercazole. my question is if i under go i-131 treatment will i be hospitalized. thanks?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Usuallly: NOT! The administration of I -31 as long as it is by a trained individual is done as an out patient. Hope this helps! Dr Z
Last updated Oct 10, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.