College Point, NY

70 year old brother in law is 7 days post quadruple bypass surgery wi th valve replacement, he has just gone home, but has been very disoriented since the surgery.. is this normal after a week..we are very concerned.

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
Call his surgeon: You should let the dr. who is taking care of him know your concerns. A week for such seems a long time but it really depends on baseline function to a great extent. He had a significant shock to his system , and the whole experience can be disorienting. So one might still. have some trouble at a week Always call the dr to report any concerns,they know your husband and can judge the best.