inside my 8 yr olds ear i see what looks like a huge chunk of dried blood. only in his right ear. he claims it doesnt hurt should i be worried?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mohsin Reza
Specializes in Family Medicine
PCP visit: I would take him to his pediatrician to ensure its dried blood and not another kind of foreign body.
Answered on Sep 15, 2019
Dr. John cuong Doan
Unlikely that was: dried blood if nothing seeped out that you could see. It could be ear wax that has got some dried blood from trauma (e.g. swabbing). I would try to remove it with Q-tips and/or Debrox. if that doesn't work, and it's solid, may be time to go to PCP for ear canal irrigation.
Answered on Sep 15, 2019