ZA

I had an incisional hernia repair, lower right abdomen 4 weeks ago. i am experiencing pain over the area, nausea and diarrhea. a ct scan of the abdomen reveals no abnormalities or causes for the symptoms. is there anything i should do for this?

Dr. Laura Anissian
Hernia: It is reassuring the CT was normal. Have you had the surgeon examin the area since it is tender? The nause and diarrhea could be unrelated and due to a viral infection. If you are able to keep food down, stay hydrated and symptoms are improving then I would hold off on any further work up and see how things go.

Last updated Mar 12, 2020