is light-moderate alcohol consumption permitted after full recovery from alcoholic hepatitis with normal blood results ongoing.. ? i am not an alcoholic. thanks

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
Not recommended: In fatty liver disease, damage may be reversed if you abstain from alcohol for at least 2 weeks. Alcoholic liver disease starts with fatty liver, goes on to fibrosis and cirrhosis, & a severe form of alcoholic hepatitis For alcoholic hepatitis , stopping alcohol is necessary—and will lead to improvements in most patients—but may not be sufficient to stop the dx recc not too easy to increase again