New York, NY

I took 1 vicodin and 1 zofran 3 days before bloodwork for back pain. all perfect accept for alt of 39 (0-32 range) my alt was 15 the year before. the dr said dont worry theyll recheck in 1 mo but im very concerned. last alcohol i had was in april?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
ALT: I would have to agree with your doctor. Remember lab normals are a 95% bell curve of sample size. Typically so many people in a general population give sample and that is your range. 39 would be out 95% curve, but within 97.5% I would not act on this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.