ZA

hi. i have a bad case of jock itch for 8 years. it itches like crazy mainly if i eat bread or anything sweet. i tried tea tree oil, and applied it directly on it. it burned like hell, but the next day it was gone. now it's back. what do i do?

Dr. Philip Miller
Stop self treating: Get examined. You will need to stop any oils which will "lock in" any fungal infection. You will need to be examined,placed on both oral antifungal antibiotic and a cream that contains antifungal and cortisone medications. 8 years is a bit absurd...and you now have a chronic skin condition. Consider a dermatology evaluation.