U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old male asked:

Hi. i have a bad case of jock itch for 8 years. it itches like crazy mainly if i eat bread or anything sweet. i tried tea tree oil, and applied it directly on it. it burned like hell, but the next day it was gone. now it's back. what do i do?

1 doctor answer9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Stop self treating: Get examined. You will need to stop any oils which will "lock in" any fungal infection. You will need to be examined,placed on both oral antifungal antibiotic and a cream that contains antifungal and cortisone medications. 8 years is a bit absurd...and you now have a chronic skin condition. Consider a dermatology evaluation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 25, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.