I've been having knee pain on and off for a couple years. It hurts when I do a squatting motion. Both of my knees pop/crack sometimes when I extend my legs while in a reclined position. What kind of doctor/therapist should I see for a diagnosis?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
31 years experience in Family Medicine
Primary care: I suggest that you start with a primary care physician. They can do the preliminary exam and testing and decide what is the best referral. For example, you may need physical therapy, orthopedics or rheumatology. Your primary care provider is the best one to sort this out.
Answered on Jul 15, 2019