can you get genital herpes on back of leg? was very itchy one day then looked saw two dots (brown scabs) and one straight line scab. no pain

3 doctor answers
Dr. John Berryman
54 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Herpes ?'s: Herpes I or II occurs on mucosal surfaces in general, with characteristic pain with the onset of early herpes and later the typical shallow ulcers. What you described is not typical of herpes.
Answered on Jul 11, 2019
1
Dr. Dora Chizea
48 years experience Anti-Aging Medicine
... Shingles but ...: 36 y/o asks can you get genital herpes on back of leg? Was itchy one day looked saw two dots (brown scabs) and one straight line scab. No pain. More likely Herpes Zoster III aka Shingles but could have other causes. Genital herpes Type 2 is usually in the genital area so not likely but best to see PCP for Physical inspection and treatment if indicated.
Answered on Jul 15, 2019
46 years experience Pediatrics
No: The strains of genital herpes can cause rash in only 2 sites, on the genitals & the oral/lip area. Cold sores can be either HSV 1 or 2 as can the sores of genital herpes. The sores in the sites you mention don't sound like any strain of that virus or related cousin viruses. It could be many things. If it's only finding was a bit of itch & a scab I would ignore it.
Answered on Jul 15, 2019
1