San Jose, CA

I am a 25 year old female from scotland i have had the virus hand foot and mouth disease 6 times in 3 years it keeps recurring in me for some reason is there any answer to why! i have never been near anyone with it or worked with children ?

Doubt the label: There are 3 strains of enterovirus known to cause the HFM pattern & it most often occurs in childhood. A rare episode can occur in adults. Each strain would trigger longstanding immunity to that strain. I doubt that the label is correct & this may indicate you have a separate unrelated disorder worth a more thorough evaluation. A dermatologist or infectious disease specialist may be helpful.

Last updated Jul 11, 2019