ZA

Good day, i am a 40-year-old female, a couple of months back i had very heavy bleeding and visited the doctor. he gave me tablets to stop the bleeding for the past 3 months i did not get my period. i am not sexually active. what could be the cause.

Dr. Dora Chizea
Anti-Aging Medicine 49 years experience
Not uncommon...: Not uncommon for woman to have occasional episodes of heavy bleeding (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding) especially with Stress &/or other Hormonal issues like low Thyroid. Though only 40 y/o early change of life hormone fluctuations can also cause this. Since the doctor gave you medication to stop bleeding it is a good idea to revisit him and ask him these questions in person. Most likely he'll tell
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Common problem: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections, polyps, fibroids and hormonal changes can cause spotting. There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit

Last updated Jul 29, 2019