what causes rash on my 4 week old son in his face?

2 doctor answers
46 years experience Pediatrics
Baby acne: The baby acne is a common event that reflects hormones transferred during the pregnancy. While the baby is floating in moisture, the skin is will not respond, but within 1-3 weeks after birth they break out for many weeks until the hormone levels drop & the acne disappears. Keeping the skin clean ; avoiding irritating soaps helps.It has no relationship to allergy. If it persists > 3mo see the doc
Answered on Apr 22, 2019
1
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
36 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
Multiple causes: I would recommend no soap on the baby's face and it is most likely baby acne or e tox rash depending on the appearance and timing . If the baby is otherwise healthy it is less likely to be an infectious cause.
Answered on Apr 24, 2019
1