Canada

can you get an allergy reaction from peanut butter that was in a bowl with water and then the water went in your mouth?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Rare: And you have to be extremely allergic to peanuts for such hypothetical situation, even though , the reaction may still be mild. Bottom line, any peanut allergy patient should have antihistamines and epinephrine handy, best wishes
Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: It does not take much contamination with pea nuts to cause an allergic or even anaphylactic reaction. If you allergic to pea nuts, carry an epi-pen and learn to use it.