I got my liver enzymes tested because I wanted to take an anti-fungal medication and one of my enzymes were high. Is it dangerous? I don’t understand why it’s high since I don’t drink and I am an athlete and eat healthy.

Dr. Robert Kneece
Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Not sure: It depends on how high.There are multiple reasons some may be high such as you mentioned alcohol,drugs,obesity and fatty liver,viruses,etc. Sometimes with illnesses they can be transiently elevated.Sometimes they may be just up a few points and that usually is nothing to worry about,just recheck them.3 times normal is not good and need to find the cause etc.Therefore what is the clinical context?
Answered on Mar 18, 2019