U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked about a 26-year-old male:

Patient is going thru strong chemotherapy selective where the cancer is located muscle wasting and loosing weight how to increase weight any rec. ?tia

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kneece
Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Ask oncologist : I would ask your oncologist to find the best option.They can place on medications to increase the appetite as well as recommend a nutrition plan such as nutritional consult, adding boast or ensure,shakes etc.in addition sometimes with serious illnesses patient do not want to eat due to depression and adding antidepressants may help or problems with endocrine such as thyroid.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 6, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.